Solstice Energy Solutions is looking for a motivated, skilled, and creative Senior Front-End Software Engineer to join our Software Engineering Team, the team responsible for developing and delivering our clean energy software services.
Solstice is building mobile and web app solutions which give our customers unprecedented insight and control into the energy management of their home or business. Various smart, connected devices operate together to manage a home or business with multiple energy sources; including solar, batteries, a utility connection, and diesel generators. This newly-connected energy mix presents many exciting opportunities and challenges, including effectively communicating complex information to a home or business owner in an easily-digestible visual format. This information could include: how their energy system is operating in real-time, how it has operated in the past, recommendations for cost savings or emissions reductions, and more advanced analytics and graphs.
This position is a great opportunity for someone excited to apply their UI/UX skills in a dynamic context. The ideal candidate is a talented front-end engineer whose experience spans mobile and web, and who thinks holistically and creatively. Success in this position means working with the team to bring beautiful, intuitive products into the hands of business and residential customers. Long term, this position could include the ability to help build and lead a growing team.
- Develop, test, and deploy mobile application(s) that provide basic insight and control of a building’s energy system
- Develop, test, and deploy web application(s) that provide more advanced insight, control, and analytics
- Be actively involved in the design process for said applications
- Maintain one code base (per mobile app) that can be used across multiple platforms (i.e. iOS and Android)
- Create automated test suite for each code base, ensuring that applications run reliably
- Create and maintain reusable components and styles for consistent branding
- Work across the engineering team to design clear and consistent APIs and data feeds.
- Professional experience with front-end (web and/or mobile) development
- Professional experience with Angular platform (Angular 2+, not AngularJS)
- Professional experience with cross-platform mobile applications
- Ideally Ionic/Angular, but including React Native or other progressive web app framework
- Professional experience with at least a few of the following:
- Professional experience using common team workflow and development tools, such as:
- git, Github, Slack, InVision (or similar), cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Heroku, etc.), project management tools (e.g. Jira, Asana, etc.), and continuous integration tools (e.g. Travis CI, CircleCI, etc.).
- In addition to technical aptitude, ability to learn new technologies and processes quickly on the fly
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills: asks good questions and explains process, timelines, etc.; sets clear expectations.
- Good at working collaboratively, with the ability to also be self-directed at times
- Desire to continuously improve our processes and find creative solutions to our operational challenges
- Ability to remain flexible, embrace change, and manage uncertainty
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and timely follow-through